
I love to travel, to see new things. Two of the places I've wanted to go my entire adult life were Greece and Italy. Why? Because my mom had traveled there when I was young and spoke of them often. She said the light was amazing - and she went back - and she went back. She took one of my brothers once - I always wished it had been me. I had to work summers for college money and I remember her telling me I've got to travel before I get married or I'll have to wait a long
time before I got there.....guess what....i got married.....and I waited till last spring to see those places I always wanted to see. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to chaperone a student group for the Latin Club. My experience with chaperoning WASN'T the highlight of the trip - are you aware that high school brains are not developed enough to predict the consequences of their actions? We had some boys that proved that statement correct. Picture 3 high school boys climbing from their balcony to the girl's balcony next door - 4 stories up! They couldn't understand why we got upset. Fortunately, no one got hurt. Makes my heart pound just thinking about it....But oh, what wonderful things we saw on this trip! This layout pictured above is of an orange grove outside my hotel in Sorrento. (did I mention that I scrapbook?) I saw many more impressive things, but none as tasty! Except maybe the pizza in Rome.....
No comments:
Post a Comment