Every night I read a while before turning off the light (since it's very difficult to read AFTER turning off the light) and I have this odd little habit of blindly reaching up into this candy dish and taking one gobstopper to enjoy while I read - not very good for the tooth enamel, but it seems to be very good for my inner child. And my very favorite flavor of gobstoppers is purple. (Well, I guess purple isn't a flavor, it's a color, but I can't really define it as grape either, so for me it's the flavor of purple.) And every time I grab a purple one, I find myself saying "yes! - thank you God - it's a good night!". It's almost as if He gave me a little reward at the end of the day. And somehow I've been grabbing purple gobstoppers almost every night this week - and found myself thinking that pretty soon I'm going to run out of purple gobstoppers and have none to look forward to. And I thought," isn't that sad - to be afraid of not having anymore purple gobstopper instead of enjoying the one I had at that moment? - and this huge metaphor came to mind about my life and how I live it. I want to live the rest of my life not being afraid of enjoying the purple gobstoppers...and maybe even learning to love the green ones too.....don't know about the orange ones though....I'll work on it,.....
Friday, January 30, 2009
purple gobstopper nights
Every night I read a while before turning off the light (since it's very difficult to read AFTER turning off the light) and I have this odd little habit of blindly reaching up into this candy dish and taking one gobstopper to enjoy while I read - not very good for the tooth enamel, but it seems to be very good for my inner child. And my very favorite flavor of gobstoppers is purple. (Well, I guess purple isn't a flavor, it's a color, but I can't really define it as grape either, so for me it's the flavor of purple.) And every time I grab a purple one, I find myself saying "yes! - thank you God - it's a good night!". It's almost as if He gave me a little reward at the end of the day. And somehow I've been grabbing purple gobstoppers almost every night this week - and found myself thinking that pretty soon I'm going to run out of purple gobstoppers and have none to look forward to. And I thought," isn't that sad - to be afraid of not having anymore purple gobstopper instead of enjoying the one I had at that moment? - and this huge metaphor came to mind about my life and how I live it. I want to live the rest of my life not being afraid of enjoying the purple gobstoppers...and maybe even learning to love the green ones too.....don't know about the orange ones though....I'll work on it,.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment